Your Pension and Taxes

We are required by law to deduct taxes from your pension payment. The amount of deductions is based on the basic federal and provincial income tax guidelines.

You may, at your discretion, wish to adjust the amount of tax deducted from your pension. For example, you might have additional tax credits you can apply, or you would like more tax deducted at the source.

If you would like to adjust the amount of tax deducted from your pension, you can complete the Canada Revenue Agency’s Personal Tax Credit forms or contact us with any questions.

When will you receive your tax slip?

Tax slips are required to be delivered by February 28th every year. If you received pension payments in the previous calendar year, we would provide you with a T4A Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income tax slip. If you have not received your tax slip by March 1st, please contact us for assistance.

Note: Non Residents of Canada will receive an NR4 Statement of Amounts Paid or Credited to Non Residents of Canada.

Share your feedback



    Your response is valuable to us and will help us to make continuous improvements to our website. Please note that we are unable to respond to the feedback provided here.